joomla migration service
If your website is running Joomla! 1.0 , 1.5 or 2.5 it is recommended to migrate it to Joomla! 3.9 The migration, however, should be performed with carefulness and through expert professionals, otherwise there is a real risk of loosing data or making the site broken.
We do Joomla site migration which includes upgrading your outdated Joomla site, upgrade any extensions needed for compatibility or we redevelop them for you. 100% Style match with old site and make new site mobile friendly.
We have migrated an impressive number of Joomla websites from 1.5 (or even 1.0) or 2.5 to or 3.9 These websites range from small websites with only a few pages to very large websites with over 100,000 pages (and a lot of extensions). In most cases our customers don’t even know that their websites were migrated until they visit the control panel. That’s how seamless and professional our work is!
What is Included in Joomla Upgrade & Migration Service
Contact Us For A Quote
Submit a ticket with your site information to our Custom Work department
We will review your quote and contact you to discuss the specifications for the custom works.
During this time we will also discuss and agree with the budget and timescales for the project with you.
- Backup the Joomla website: Although we don’t work on the actual Joomla website, we back it up. That’s how careful we are.
- Migrate the extensions: including the template(s), the components, the modules, and the plugins. We also re-create extensions that no longer exist or that were custom made for that particular website.
- Migrate the data: The data is anything that is entered by the frontend or the backend users into Joomla. It can be the users information, the articles, the menus, the modules settings, etc… We migrate that data, while taking into consideration changes in the database infrastructure, to the new website.
- Test the website: Although we continuously test the Joomla website throughout the process, we do a final test when the whole website is migrated. This test allows us to fix those little bugs that we missed while working on the website.
- Secure the website: We have been working with Joomla for so long that we have devised methods to strengthen its security to repel those malicious attacks.
- Flip the website: We move the old website into a safe place inaccessible to the outside world and we move the newer website into the former’s location.
What about our prices?
We think that our prices are competitive. We often charge about $300 for a Joomla website migration in 10-15 days. Of course, that fee is for a very basic Joomla website. Migrating large Joomla websites costs more, so feel free to contact us about the price.
What is the information needed to migrate a Joomla website?
In order to migrate a Joomla website, we will need the site’s hosting credentials (hosting credentials can be: server information [root access], cPanel/WHM credentials, etc…). Of course, we assume that these hosting credentials will give us access to both the database and the filesystem where the current (and the future) website resides.